Routine Air Conditioning Maintenance Services in Sacramento & the Surrounding Areas
Just like any complex machine, such as your car, your air conditioner requires regular maintenance to operate safely and efficiently all year long. You should have your HVAC system serviced twice a year to ensure that it’s running properly. The best time to schedule your AC tune-up is in the spring and fall before the temperature rises or drops drastically.
When it’s time to get a tune-up, count on Big Mountain Heating & Air to prepare your system for the changing weather. We make AC maintenance convenient and affordable. For only $99, you’ll receive a seasonal tune-up to keep your AC (and heating system) running efficiently through the hottest summers and coldest winters.
What Are the Benefits of AC Maintenance?
Regular air conditioning system maintenance offers numerous benefits, including:
- Better Performance: A well-cared-for AC works better than one that’s neglected. With regular AC maintenance, you’ll enjoy a cooler, more comfortable home thanks to a better-working air conditioning system.
- Increased Efficiency: Regular AC maintenance helps improve your system’s energy efficiency, which can improve its performance and save you money. During a routine tune-up, we will clean and inspect all AC components for optimal efficiency.
- Fewer Breakdowns: Routine maintenance also helps prevent future breakdowns and major problems with your system. During a routine inspection, our team can identify any concerns and provide solutions to resolve the issue right then.
- Cost Savings: Regular AC maintenance can save you money in several ways. It helps reduce the number of repairs you’ll need over time, improves your AC’s efficiency, lowers energy costs, and extends the lifespan of your system, saving you money on future repairs.
- Longer Equipment Lifespan: Regular tune-ups help reduce the amount of wear-and-tear on your AC system. This, in turn, can help extend the system’s lifespan, meaning you won’t have to replace it until much later in the future.
Our team of trained and certified Sacramento AC maintenance specialists has years of experience maintaining every make and model of air conditioning system. In addition to your tune-up, you can rely on our team to locate any problems with your system and present pressure-free solutions. Should you wish to move forward with any suggested repairs, they will take care of it right then and there!
What Is Included in an AC Tune-Up?
Generally speaking, your AC tune-up service should include a comprehensive inspection, cleaning, and assessment of your air conditioning system. At Big Mountain Heating & Air, we utilize a thorough, 27-point inspection designed to rejuvenate and restore your AC to optimal performance and efficiency.
Our 27-point rejuvenation service includes:
- Test thermostat operation, calibration, and batteries
- Clean filter as needed
- Check the system for proper airflow pressure
- Measure return air and supply air temperatures
- Flush and treat condensate drain lines
- Inspect indoor coil
- Inspect and test blower motor bearings, electrical usage, and operation
- Test capacitors
- Test all safety devices
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections
- Clean burner assembly
- Carbon monoxide test
- Heat exchanger safety inspection
- Test and calibrate gas pressure
- Clean flame sensor
- Check for gas leaks
- Test exhaust system for safe operation
- Check disconnect electrical connections and proper fuse size
- Inspect contactors for burns, pits, and proper connection
- Test compressor amp draws
- Test fan motor amp draws
- Inspect fan blade
- Check refrigerant levels in the system
- Deep chemical clean of the outdoor coil
- Duct system inspection for energy loss
- Indoor air quality assessment
- Complete safety evaluation
We will report our findings to you and provide honest, professional recommendations for further service, if needed. If we think your system needs repairs, or if we believe that you would benefit from complete AC replacement, we will let you know.
Request a Seasonal AC Tune-Up for Only $99
As the seasons change, Sacramento AC maintenance isn’t usually top of mind for most homeowners. Between holidays and travel, it can be hard to remember to give your local AC company a call. That’s precisely why Big Mountain Heating & Air makes air conditioning maintenance easy!
Our $99 special ensures that you’ll receive a high-quality seasonal AC tune-up without breaking the bank. You can even schedule your service ahead of time and we’ll reach back out to confirm your appointments when the time is closer.
We want to help you get the most out of your air conditioning system so that you and your family can enjoy better comfort and a safer home. We stand behind our work and proudly offer 24-hour emergency AC services. Reach out to us today to learn how we can help you with your Sacramento AC tune-up service!
AC Maintenance FAQ
What are some AC maintenance tips for homes with pets?
If you have extra furry members of your family, you may have noticed that they tend to release a good amount of hair, fur, and dander. These contaminants are okay to inhale naturally, but in large amounts, they can be harmful to both your lungs and your AC system.
Hair and fur tend to clog the air filters in your cooling system very quickly. Some of the things you can do to be extra vigilant are checking and cleaning your air filters more often, as well as vacuuming more often. Dander and fur tend to cling to floor coverings like carpets, so it’s a great idea to clean them regularly to avoid the constant presence of hair and fur in the air.
How often should AC coils be cleaned?
AC coil cleaning is one of the important tasks that certified technicians complete during AC tune-ups. We recommend your AC coils be cleaned once a year during your AC tune-up. Many things—including clogged air filters—can cause your coils to become dirty or even freeze. The coils are an important part of the chilling process, which can’t occur if they’re out of order. If your AC’s coils do freeze up throughout the year, our team of technicians can quickly repair the issue.
Do split-system ACs need to be serviced?
Even split-system ACs need annual maintenance. These systems have two separate units—the outdoor and indoor units—that connect through pipes and tubes. The outdoor unit needs to be checked for the mechanical function of the compressor, coils, and more. The indoor unit must be checked to ensure the filters are clean and that it is delivering air successfully to your home. The connections between the two units must also be checked to ensure there are no leaks.
How do I clean my AC filter?
It all depends on the type of filter your AC has. Some can be removed and cleaned with soap and water. After they are cleansed of dust and dirt, they must be allowed to dry completely before replacing them. Damp air filters could cause mold to grow which is very dangerous for your health. Other air filters can be thrown away and replaced with brand-new filters every few months.
Is there a wrong way to put in an air filter?
Yes, you can make the mistake of installing the air filter backward! Most air filters have arrows printed on them that are all pointing in the same direction. Follow those arrows to place the air filter back in its place the right way. A backward air filter is not the end of the world, but it does prevent the air system from flowing correctly and can even put stress on your AC system if the air cannot easily flow.
What happens if you don’t clean the air filter?
Failing to clean your AC air filters regularly will cause several issues in your home. First, your AC will struggle to push air through clogged filters and will most likely use more energy to do the same job. Second, with enough time any air contaminant can collect with the dust and dirt stuck in the filter. Pollutants like mold or bacteria could cause problems in the future. Third, your indoor air quality will absolutely suffer if the filtration system is backed up and unable to perform. You may notice more allergy symptoms or even respiratory distress from those who are sensitive to airborne pollutants.
“My tech was awesome! He was very professional, polite, and knowledgeable. I would definitely use Big Mountain again.” - John C.
“10/10 service every step of the way! From servicing our 37 year old air conditioning unit to replacing it when it finally had enough, as well as installing a house fan.” - Kendall V.
“I absolutely liked the man that did the maintenance on my AC his name Christian he was very polite, patient, professional, and making sure that he got the job done correctly.” - Kathy T.