When it comes to protecting your home from the elements, your roof is your first line of defense. Damage, age, and even general wear and tear can lead to various unwanted—and expensive—roof repairs, from leaks and water damage, mold, mildew growth, sagging, and more. These problems put your home and your family at risk.
If you need prompt, professional roof repairs in Sacramento, turn to the team at Big Mountain Heating & Air. Our team offers comprehensive roof repairs in Sacramento and all of the surrounding areas, including Auburn, El Dorado Hills, Roseville, Rocklin, and beyond. Whether you have several missing shingles or major storm damage, you can rely on our experienced roof repair team in Sacramento to quickly resolve the issue and restore your home’s condition.
Common Causes of Roof Damage
Roofs are subject to all types of elements, including wind and rainstorms, as well as routine wear and tear. Over time, all roofs will require some repairs and will eventually need to be replaced. However, certain things can worsen roof damage or speed up the aging process, leading you to find a company to handle roof repairs in Sacramento.
Some of the most common causes of roof damage in the Sacramento area include:
- Downed tree branches and other vegetation
- Debris, such as built-up leaves
- High temperatures/excessive heat
- Wind, rain, ice, and hailstorms
- Poorly maintained gutters and downspouts
- Flashing damage
- Excessive moisture/condensation
- Walking on the roof
- Animals and pests, such as termites
- Improper roof installation
Although regular maintenance can help reduce damage, you will likely need roof repairs eventually. If you’ve noticed any issues or have concerns about the condition of your roof, reach out to Big Mountain Heating & Air right away to schedule an appointment with our team.
How to Tell You Need Roof Repairs in Sacramento
Certain telltale signs indicate it’s time to schedule professional roof repairs.
Some of the most common signs that you likely need roof repairs include:
- Water Leaks: If you have an obvious leak—or signs of a leak, such as water stains on the ceiling or walls inside your home—you likely have significant roof damage. However, even minor damage can lead to major water leaks, which can severely impact your home.
- Missing or Damaged Roof Materials: Heavy wind and rain can cause shingles, tiles, and other roof materials to break, curl, or even blow away. Missing or damaged roof materials should be repaired or replaced right away to avoid further damage.
- Sagging: A sagging or drooping roof indicates a serious problem that should be immediately addressed with professional roof repairs. In most cases, sagging occurs due to excess moisture or significant water damage.
- Moss, Mold, or Mildew: If you see moss, mold, or mildew growing on your roof or inside your home, it probably means your roof is failing to keep out moisture. This could indicate a problem with the roof materials, flashing, or another roof component.
- Damaged Flashing: Flashing is the material that connects the roof to various elements on the roof, such as vents or chimneys. When this material is damaged, it can lead to water leaks, moisture retention, and other serious issues.
- Excess Wear and Tear: Some examples of excess wear and tear include an unusually large amount of shingle granules accumulating in gutters, faded or dingy-looking roof materials, missing shingles, and a generally poor appearance.
- Age: As your roof ages, it is more likely to require repairs. Ultimately, all roofs will reach the end of their usable lifespans and will need to be replaced. Generally speaking, most roofs last about 20-25 years, though some can last much longer.
Our roof repair team can come out to your home, inspect your roof, and determine whether you need roof repairs or even complete replacement. We always offer our honest, professional recommendations and advice. You can trust our roofers to provide all of the information you need to find the right solution for your home.
Types of Roofs We Repair
Big Mountain Heating & Air provides comprehensive roof repairs in Sacramento and the surrounding areas. We work on all types of roofs, including all styles comprising all types of materials.
Our team can repair roofs made of the following materials:
- Asphalt shingles
- Slate shingles
- Wood shingles
- Synthetic composite shingles
- Clay tiles
- Slate tiles
- Concrete tiles
- Rolled roofing
- Membrane roofing
- Built-up roofing (BUR)
- Solar tiles
This is not an exhaustive list; if you need roof repairs on any of these or another type of residential roof, reach out to our team to schedule an appointment today. We are here to help you with all of your roofing needs and can answer any questions you may have.
We believe in providing our customers with the highest quality workmanship at the fairest price. When you trust your roof repair needs to Big Mountain Heating & Air, you can count on us to do what we say we will and get the job done right—the first time.
“My tech was awesome! He was very professional, polite, and knowledgeable. I would definitely use Big Mountain again.” - John C.
“10/10 service every step of the way! From servicing our 37 year old air conditioning unit to replacing it when it finally had enough, as well as installing a house fan.” - Kendall V.
“I absolutely liked the man that did the maintenance on my AC his name Christian he was very polite, patient, professional, and making sure that he got the job done correctly.” - Kathy T.