Many people ask themselves whether cleaning the ducts of their air conditioning system is worth it. There are also those who believe that it is a total waste of time and money. Here are some reasons why this isn’t true and air duct cleaning is a must:
Lower Your Energy Bill
Research by the United States Environmental Protection Agency demonstrates that cleaning the AC system’s ductwork allows for more efficient operation. This is because debris throughout the system can block airflow, gather on the compressor and more, which dramatically reduces the system’s efficiency. When you clean your air ducts, debris is removed from the system and it runs more efficiently, lowering your energy bills.
Reduce the Risk of Breakdowns
Most machines and appliances break down due to dirt and debris. When some components are filled with debris, they can’t work properly. Hiring air duct cleaning services ensures that your ductwork is free of debris that can travel to the unit and cause a breakdown. Not only will this reduce the likelihood of costly repairs, but it can also increase your system’s lifespan.
Improve Your Health
Your family’s health has always been your top priority. Gathered debris in your air ducts escapes into the air in your home, causing poor indoor air quality that can lead to the following health problems:
- Your children are more likely to suffer illnesses, including asthma, that are caused by polluted air than you are. Polluted air is often caused by poor circulation and debris in air ducts.
- A study by the American College of Allergists indicates that 50% of all illnesses are caused by indoor air that is polluted.
- According to the American Lung Association, close to 361,000 lives are lost every year to diseases caused by air pollution in America.
- Poor indoor air quality is among the top five leading environmental risks to public health, according to the EPA
- Total Health & Better Health Magazine suggests that fungi and bacteria in AC ducts are responsible for allergies in one out of every six people.
With so many reasons to have your air ducts cleaned, it’s a wonder that so many people believe it’s wrong. If you’re ready to invest in your AC system’s health and that of your family, contact Big Mountain Air Conditioning and Heating today, and schedule air duct cleaning in Sacramento CA and the surrounding areas.